04 December 2020

(OPEN LETTER) JUDGE SHANE VANETTA

To the First US Judge to Preside over my case, 

Your Honor,

I had this long story written down in my usual diatribe of poetic waxing an waning... but I had a revelation that hit me the other day that put me at ease with everything and I only want to say one thing.

I am extremely privileged  to bring this issue before you. I had once gone up the chain of command in my squadron (twice, actually) and gone up the chain of command outside my squadron. I couldn't find anyone to hold themselves accountable internally, so I went to somebody who would externally. Both dismissed me as being "a young airman who didn't know his place." We've all seen me go up the Civilian international Chain of Command, to being invited to witness and say something to the UN Security council. I did my best to try to remind us who we were. Or who I thought we were.

Now we are Judiciously involved with not only a legal issue but a Constitutional issue as well. If you couldn't tell, I've been sorely disappointed with the way that our society has been constructed, and believe that my participation in the United States Military War Machine has given me due right to make that voice heard. I have seen enough fraud, waste, and abuse of military resources, I couldn't bear being witness and helpless as I saw it again in my own community, where my own people's lives were at stake.

I am not here to wage a war against my own people. I am here for justice, and into your hands I commend the spirit to guide you. May you be the last stop on my upward slope to find what I need. In the end, I can only go up.


Respectfully,

Brandon W. Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment