03 August 2017

Philosopher's Stone

I gather all the memories
And see them in my mind
And from the recesses of my heart
All the emotions I can find

I play the lust, the pain, the rage
The release of my heart
From it's fear laden cage
And I place it upon the fire

To purify the soul
To be reborn anew
Into the copper bowl
The Alchemy must stew

Into the concoction I place in double
All my toil and all my trouble
And into that black mess must go
All the love that I could ever know

As that potion turns to ash
Through the white the embers glow
I reach back in the distant past
For the seeds that I must sow

I cultivated naught but dust and stone
In the garden of my soul
For to myself alone
Must I die

When she came, she gave me shade
I hesitated to sate my thirst
From her waters, drink she bade
My wounded soul she had nursed

The poison that was in my blood
Mixed with Love in a torrent flood
I held the Alchemy within
Mixing the yang with the yin

In that garden an oasis formed
And life came to my dessicated bones
The breath of life filled my lungs
I rang with pain and pleasure in my moans

In the midst of my troubled woes
I panicked and I fought
Fear rang in cavernous echoes
And rage boiled within

All of this my mind's eye did see
Into the copper bowl it went
In the mixture I grasped the key
The universe had sent

Ashes to ashes, the fire burnt
The water mixed with fierce current
The air boiled within the hearth
Seeped within the blackened earth

I gathered what was left of me
Threw it in the cauldron
Surrounded it within the void
And broke the world's illusion

The mixture brewed
The elixir bubbled
The transformation had renewed
The garden for the seeds

In the observers seat I sat
Devoid of all desire
No longer did I have to combat
Death's final funeral pyre

From this process I was reborn
No longer was I forlorn
The brightness of the Phoenix shone
For I had created the Philosophers Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment