02 October 2018

Mistress and Lover

Death is a mistress
whose words are laced with honey
covering agony and sin.
Her tresses a raven's wing
carrier of souls.
Obsidian eyes
hide the burning of her rage.
She gave up everything
in hope of one thing.
Nothing has been given
but ashes and dust.
She is a wilting rose
Her suffering breaks my heart.
So I dance with misery
O' I dance with fear
I dance with death 'cause I must!


Life is the lover
whose words are filled with
offerings of strength and wisdom.
Her mane an autumn sunset
huntress of dreams.
Emerald eyes
glowing with unbound joy.
She gave up nothing
in hope of everything.
Dreams have been fulfilled
with riches!
She is a jeweled crown
Her passion enriches my soul
I dance with truth
O' I dance with love
I dance with life 'cause I must!

No comments:

Post a Comment