09 June 2017

Very Little


A separation from Source,
They say,
Is how we came to be.
That light had burst out
From the Void,
And through the darkness, see
The splendid wonders
Of this world

I knew very little about Love
Until I saw it every day
Heard it whisper in ecstatic song
Streaming from the heart
Wellspring of joy
And through their trials, strong
Bonds were created
Everlasting

I knew very little about Agony
Until I felt its bitter sting
Crying from a broken heart
Innocence sacrificed
On the alter
What awoke was shattered, apart
To satisfy
Their ego

It was then I saw what pain could do to love.

I knew very little about peace
Until I died to myself
And began, for a moment, to breathe
I fell from the Mind
Into the Heart
Encircled by magick , a wreath
Of wellness
Revived.


I knew very little about creation
Until I gave love and compassion
Toward a soul without hope

No comments:

Post a Comment