24 May 2017

Choose

What has been done
Has been done before
And will be done again
The world wont change
It never will
The only thing I can do
Is change myself
I'm going to be a good man
When few exist
I'm going to stand for what I believe
And not be grouped with the masses
I'm going to fight
For those that can't fight for themselves
I'm going to be strong
For those that are weak
Because that is the kind of person
The world hates
And I see few stepping up
To the plate
Since I can't change the world
I'm going to change what I can
Make my life and those I care about
better for it
Pain is but temporary
Joy is but the same
Memories last and remain
Will you forget about me
About what I have done
Remember not just the good
Also think of the bad
I am no different
Than anyone else
It's what I choose to do
With what I have been given
That makes me who I am
So remember me
When I was down
Someone picked me up
Just like I am doing for you



No comments:

Post a Comment