24 May 2017

Reflection

HER:
I stand before a mirrored wall
They are all there
The ones who mocked
Those who scorned
Ripped me apart
And left nothing sacred
The ones who destroyed the little girl
That will never grow up
There is no loss I mourn more
I scream with hatred
At their demeaning faces
Filled with shame
And humiliation for existing
I hate them all
As my vision blurs
Through tearless eyes
Shapes reform
And colors blend
The picture changed
And stayed the same
As I stare at my reflection
***

ME:
I stand behind the mirrored wall
Watching, waiting, mourning
The destruction of a little soul
By those who didn't understand
I see the pain swell
The anger unrelenting
Answers uncomming
I watch her scream in hate uncompromising
Building her walls
Isolation is her salvation
Through tear-filled eyes
I watch and can do nothing
She won't let me in
And I won't come unless welcomed
So I stand
And wait
As she stares at her reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment