24 May 2017

Hallway of Thought

What will my eyes see
In the red echoes
Of a fading future
Where dreams
Once sought
The light of stars
And all that’s left
Is a spark of hope?

What would she say
My lost queen
Who haunts
My every nightmare
And never answered
The call for help
To save
A drowning soul?

What will they do
When the world
Finds out
That I hate it
Am strong enough
To fight it
And show
That fear
Means nothing?

Not even death
Can stop
What Fate has destined
That blood conquers all
Heals a broken heart
Even after
It festers
And hate
Oozes out
Of wounds infected

I know you see
But do you care?
The answer
I know
Even before I ask
You care about
Nothing except
Your own
Wants never
Someone's need

May truth
Be revealed
To you
At the clearing
That ends
On the path
We call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment